Ark Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ark Discussion

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Server Site
Server Settings (Kind of?) YKoF8B8
Latest topics
» Bloodfang [For Sale]
Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 7:11 am by Serenity

» Aberration
Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 6:56 am by Serenity

» Missed settings?
Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 12:01 pm by Jeff

» The Bloodfang Tribe
Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:21 pm by Serenity

» Cychreides Information
Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:44 pm by TSUBINE

» Sarzano Deldora
Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:42 pm by TSUBINE

» Cychreides Architectural Firm and Chymic Works
Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:27 pm by TSUBINE

» Allelocha the Druid
Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:13 pm by Dekendo

» CONFIRMED SERVER SETTINGS
Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:02 pm by Serenity

Top posting users this week
No user

Server Settings (Kind of?)

Go down 
+2
Illthion
Serenity
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity
Admin

Server Settings (Kind of?) Empty
PostSubject: Server Settings (Kind of?)   Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 12:59 am

Yeah, not legit server settings, but more of a atmosphere setting. I'm curious on people's PVP view.

If we're going to be super cooperative, it's probably not a PVP server, especially if we're creating a trading village of sorts. Who's to stop people from breaking in?

I'm fine with either PVP or Cooperative. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sn4ad-discussions.forumotion.com
Illthion

PostSubject: Re: Server Settings (Kind of?)   Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 2:48 am

My opinion is, given that we're splitting up jobs between people and are such a small group, this time around we focus on co-operative. Look at trying to have fun and make our way into the caves and maybe even look at bosses eventually. Mostly because, if you're limiting engrams one of the best PvP strats would basically be "sprint till I have a semi-functioning base, then cut everyone else off from my resource and proceed to smash all others into the ground until I reach an arbitrary win point."

Which doesn't sound like much fun to me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dekendo

PostSubject: Re: Server Settings (Kind of?)   Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 6:28 am

I'm usually a fan of working together mostly, but will we need the PvP setting to do dino fights if people still want that?
Back to top Go down
Serenity
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Settings (Kind of?)   Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 6:46 am

Dino Fights Excluded! Haha. 
Back to top Go down
https://sn4ad-discussions.forumotion.com
TSUBINE

PostSubject: Re: Server Settings (Kind of?)   Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 12:45 pm

I'm a-OK with being co-operative mainly! We're basically just sovereign tribes working together. I guess we're the Confederate Tribes of Ragnarok?
Back to top Go down
Caliban

PostSubject: Re: Server Settings (Kind of?)   Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 11:33 pm

Yeah, I agree with most of the comments here. With this few players and the long-term-goal nature of the server, I feel like maintaining a mostly cooperative status amongst the tribes seems like the best way to go about it. The potential for one person to just get shafted and lose days or weeks' worth of progress, (especially given the trading restrictions) through PvP seems like it just would have too great a potential for killing someone's fun and making them quit.

In a slightly related note: I do plan on leaning a touch heavier into the RP side of things this time around. Maybe not necessarily being "In Character" all the time, but I definitely intend to develop a little more distinct of a personality and relationships for my character.
Back to top Go down
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Server Settings (Kind of?)   Server Settings (Kind of?) EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 3:49 am

I look forward to seeing the RP side that Gary may bring to the table. And depending on how heavy RP goes, there may be subtle PvP trading exclusions, I could see turning up.

Mostly, the extent of any PvP I foresee is: I will kidnap Serenity. (hopefully ... I've been threatening this for a few servers now, it seems). Or, there had been mention of setting up PvP bases for raiding. That sounded like it could be fun. Obviously there's also the weekly tournaments and any other agreed upon PvP.

I had also once mentioned liking the idea of the Iron Pirate raiding my ship and sinking me. I think the only way this happens without affecting trading too much is if you also have one of the traveling peddlers role as a fence, buying goods from the pirate to sell to the rest of us. I don't know. That kind of roleplay I could see could be fun.

But, otherwise, I don't see much true PvP nature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Settings (Kind of?)   Server Settings (Kind of?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Server Settings (Kind of?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ark Discussion :: Server Discussion :: Other Topics-
Jump to: