Ark Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ark Discussion

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Server Site
Personal Tame Limit YKoF8B8
Latest topics
» Bloodfang [For Sale]
Personal Tame Limit EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 7:11 am by Serenity

» Aberration
Personal Tame Limit EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 6:56 am by Serenity

» Missed settings?
Personal Tame Limit EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 12:01 pm by Jeff

» The Bloodfang Tribe
Personal Tame Limit EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:21 pm by Serenity

» Cychreides Information
Personal Tame Limit EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:44 pm by TSUBINE

» Sarzano Deldora
Personal Tame Limit EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:42 pm by TSUBINE

» Cychreides Architectural Firm and Chymic Works
Personal Tame Limit EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:27 pm by TSUBINE

» Allelocha the Druid
Personal Tame Limit EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:13 pm by Dekendo

» CONFIRMED SERVER SETTINGS
Personal Tame Limit EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:02 pm by Serenity

Top posting users this week
No user

Personal Tame Limit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dekendo

Personal Tame Limit Empty
PostSubject: Personal Tame Limit   Personal Tame Limit EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 8:17 pm

During the last server, Jeff and I limited our tames to low level dinos. This added a lot of complexity to the early game and continued to offer new hurdles to overcome. Now I know we like a lot more challenge (suffering) than most, but I was curious if anyone else felt like joining us on this challenge or had any suggestions or similar self restrictions.

Our current self limit is level 15 dinos, since that will end with about level 22 tames, with breeding this can get much higher with careful attention to stats. Back of the napkin math shows me that you can actually obtain a 154 with breeding before mutations and then 40 levels of mutation for each stat with enough specialization, making a level 434. (not ideal or advised, but possible and extremely strong)

Who's in, and what level might you go for?
Back to top Go down
Caliban

Personal Tame Limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Tame Limit   Personal Tame Limit EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 11:23 pm

I definitely am willing to give this a shot. I like the idea of lower-level tames making dinos slightly more disposable, and it makes things like breeding for meat more feasible as well. It also has the side effect of making wild dinos still significantly scary without them needing to have just inherently monstrous stats. The fact that you might need to pause and scout out a group of raptors from a distance to think 'Hmm... can I actually take those guys?' or that getting ambushed could actually come with threat of really losing some of your dinos really feels like it could add to the immersion of the game.

I think my only concern might be finding dinos low enough level to tame, particularly in the more dangerous areas. My experience is that low level dinos tend to get eaten pretty darn quick, so we'll see how it goes. I think I'll start with the same level 15 max tame limit, and if I do end up bumping it up, I suspect it'll be more of a logistics consideration than power consideration.
Back to top Go down

Personal Tame Limit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ark Discussion :: Server Discussion :: Other Topics-
Jump to: